My learning objectives:
1. Describe general ethical principles that guide the professional and scholarly behavior of developmental and social scientists
2. Negotiate ethical and fair research collaborations and collaborative writing projects, including those with mentors
3. Navigate responsible reporting of research and peer review
4. Identify career goals, and/or how to develop career goals, and the tools needed to obtain these goals
5. Write a clear CV, research statement, and professional website
6. Understand the requirements for a strong job talk, interview, and grant proposal (we will not be able to spend enough time on these topics that you will come out fully developed in these areas)
7. Recognize the boundaries, including fuzzy boundaries, of academic freedom
Topics include ethics of data management, reporting, publishing and peer review; mentoring and co-authorship; publishing and peer review; career planning, CVs, statements, job interviews and job talks; grant writing; academic freedom.
Here is the full syllabus.